UPDATED: Rocky Trail make COVID-19 decision

UPDATE: Premier MTB event company Rocky Trail has announced they have postponed all events until further notice.

In a statement on their website yesterday, co-founder Martin Wisata said that it was looking extremely likely events would be postponed but that they will continue to monitor the situation to avoid any confusion. 

That relaity has now come to pass.

You can read the full updated statement below.

The writing has been on the wall but now it is official and we are communicating our decision confidently yet with a heavy heart: we are postponing all Rocky Trail events until further notice.

We have been following global developments as you would have and so this won’t come as a big surprise. Juliane, Cosmo and I have just come back from Austria on Thursday and since then have been in regular contact with our families who have been in complete lock-down since Sunday. The government over there has been very vocal about scenarios and has been explaining their decisions really well, the entire country stands together and cooperating – we hope that this well be the case here too. We have also followed the developments in Australia these past few days. Based on information provided by the government, politicians and health organisations we had tried to keep up the hope that Australia was going to slow down the spread of the virus. – Until last night we actually discussed how we could still run events and what measures we would have to put in place to protect you racers, our event participants and communities with that infamous “500” number in place.

However, we’ve had a gut-feeling throughout it all that it would become more and more unlikely for us to safely deliver any event. Our decision to postpone our events comes from a place of care for the community – we see it as our responsibility to play our part to help limit the contact between people for a period of time. Even a week ago when we boarded the plane in Austria we would have never thought that this health crisis would impact our business life as severely.

Where to from here?

In the COVID 19 Update – 2 we explained what would happen to all riders who have entered already. In summary:

  • If you have registered already your entry will automatically be transferred to the new date.
  • If you have registered for the Fox Superflow or Shimano MTB GP races you can redeem your entry at any of the upcoming events this season.
  • If you can’t make it to the new date of the JetBlack24 you will get a credit over the entire amount and can redeem it within the next 12 months.
  • We will not be issuing refunds for the postponed events.

The planned new date for the JetBlack 24 will be June 6+7 2020

The new dates for all other events will be posted as soon as we know when we are operational again.

If we could recommend one thing, please be vigilant to get information regarding Covid-19 from trusted sources only; especially in times like these social media can help stay in touch, but we see a lot of mis-use and distribution of simply wrong facts, statistics and scare tactics. – Stay calm, we are.

Bicycling Australia

Lizzie Deignan wins the first-ever Paris-Roubaix Femmes, while Sonny Colbrelli wins epic men’s battle.

The 2022 Checkpoint legitimately feels like several bikes in one - all road, adventure, gravel and super commuter. The design, finish, attention to detail and subtleties all add up to make a fantastic looking and exceptional performing adventure machine.

Orbea Lift Covers Off Latest Orca Aero